Monday, March 12, 2012

FEEDING 1,798 CHILDREN

We are well into the Lenten Season and I began to wonder why people give up CHOCOLATE or SWEETS for Lent. I did it as a child but It really made no impact on my life.

Perhaps if my parents had taken the money we spent on desserts and had me give it to someone that was hungry I would have felt the sacrifice was meaningful. But who would I have given that money to???

This holds true for all the times my Mom told me to eat everything on my plate because there were starving children in the world. I would have gladly given them that piece of liver I had to choke down. Again I never saw those starving children but I ate that liver anyway.

Things are different now....we know where those starving children are and we have the opportunity to help them.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.




Pastor Isaac Jacquet has 12 schools in his district that are receiving one meal a day through Trinity Hope's Feeding Program - this is a total of 1,798 children. Only 702 are sponsored at this point. That leaves 1,096 that still need support. The Haitian Lutheran Mission Project has committed $ 8,403.00 for this coming year to feed the children of Dame Marie.
We need your help to make sure these children get fed.

If you need more information or would make a donation of any size to help email me at.

suelynn144@aol.com

Sue Gross
Haitian Lutheran Mission Project
Christ Lutheran Church
14700 S. 94TH Ave.
Orland Park, IL 60462

No comments: